Sunday, August 18, 2013

#8 - OreImo

0 comments
 
Today I've restarted watching OreImo ("Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai!" from the 6th episode, just from where I had dropped it before (In May, as I remember). Still do not remember why I dropped it then, but whatever.

Now I've finished it and just have to say: though I like it, I expected something much better.

Summary

Aired in 2010, it has 16 episodes, it's an anime-version of the same name light novel. It also has the second season aired in 2013 (But I'm just planning to watch it) and English Manga being published by Dark Horse.

Story

The main character, Kirino Kousaka, is a huge fan of.. what do you think? "Little sister eroge games". In other words, a fan of visual novels where the main plot consists of sister, brother and a bit of fanservice+sex (if you didn't mess up with choices in a game, of course). Pretty interesting thing, lol. Anyway, the plot of this anime is based on relations between two siblings: Kirino and Kyosuke, her elder brother. Even though the second season (Looked in Wikipedia for it) has a pretty good ending, things like incest are really practically impossible in this world (We should blame human genetics for it, lol). 

It's a good story, even with love, but ends not as good as it must have ended. It reminds me of ToraDora where the public opinion has a big influence on Taiga's choice in the end. But maybe the fact of having kindred relationship changes it all? Whatever.

What's also included?

  • Cuteness of Kirino.
  • Cuteness of Ruri (aka Kuroneko, "black cat" ^^).
  • Many hilarious scenes as well as many dramatic scenes.
  • Hatred, insults, trust, love and friendship. Just remember the order
  • Two ends (literally). Just like in damn "Evangelion". I liked the "Happy" one, but they decided to make another ending to continue the series =\ Nevertheless, second one should be good, too. I hope.

In the end?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the second season, but still this franchise must be at least watched, not to mention light novel, manga and games.
It's not in my "Best anime" list and I will never be there. This series just are good as they are: they do not draw tears from you nor evoke you, but they make you relax, laugh and worry.

「Story : 7/10; Characters: 8/10; Art: 8/10; Sound: 7/10」





No comments:

 
2013, Blogspot